Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Patience

So here I sit on a weekday with no formal employment or any class to go to. Here I sit writing this blog from a poorly temperature controlled dormitory. Listening to Pandora and attempting to do this Revit homework. It all seems so bland to me.

We all make mistakes in life, and I made a pretty big one. I let my ego and false confidence get in the way of making a decision. I thought I'd have a job, I thought I'd have something, something to keep me busy and to help me not to starve. Some new experience where I could learn more from to help me on my path in life. The Architecture firms of Boston are all stacked with either too many professionals or have already taken there mediocre intern. The rest of the failed locations are filled with maniacal egotistical bastards (Apple store).

I do my best to not worry about things so much, people ask me why I don't and I say why does it matter. But it just feels like whenever I reach a highpoint, a point in time where I feel truly happy something comes to kick me off and I have to start from the bottom again. It's been like this for a while now. My life is definitely better than it was one year six months ago, but I don't think I've found everything I've been looking for, and obviously it's going to take a while until I feel fully complete. I guess what I'm getting at is that I want to have something/someone again that's worth fighting for.

Cato the Elder (234 BC - 149 BC)

No comments:

Post a Comment