Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inception

I recently went to see 'Inception', a new movie directed by Christopher Nolan. Inception is about being able to steal ideas and information via peoples dreams, which is called extraction; however, inception is when someone plants an idea into someones brain.

There are rules of the dream world. For example, if you are injured in the dream you will feel immense pain both in the dream and in the real world; but, if you are killed, you will instantly awake from the dream and be perfectly fine in the real world.

This made me think about the Buddhist belief of reincarnation and that when you die you are reincarnated into another living vessel. I crafted a new theory based of reincarnation and the idea of being killed in a dream.

What if life is an infinite loop of dreams?

If you get killed in this world that we live in, who's to say that you don't awake in another? This cycle could continuously repeat and repeat forever, almost as if there is no such thing as death but rather waking up.

Now this theory is not about living forever, but merely shifting realms if you were to die and to continue living where you start in a new realm.

As crazy as it sounds, it is interesting to think about.

1 comment:

  1. Until I was around 7, I believed completely that my life was an elaborate dream and I made up the world around me. I believed I was from another planet. It was a relief for me to think that nothing was real and that I would wake up soon somewhere else. I read later that this is a disorder of some kind, indicating a person with a distorted sense of themselves. Who knows? I love dream life.

    ReplyDelete